Ana M. Moreno, MS, LMHC, CAP
My goal is to work with my client to achieve their goals. My approach is a Cognitive Behavioral approach whereby we examine thinking and actions. How does this currently work towards or against your goals? I also will tap into other approaches if I believe it can help. We will take the best of who you already and make it even better as quickly as possible!!
I take a nonjudgmental approach because enough of that exists in this world with an awareness that our life path's have made us who we are.
I have been working in the field of mental health for over 10 years. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and a Master's Degree in Mental Health Counseling.
I have been fortunate enough to have been featured as an expert on various sources of media:
- CNN: Cala Show: Prescription Drug Abuse and Addiction
- ABC Local 10: How to Speak to your Kids: Sandy Hook, CT School Shooting
- WGEA Channel 8: Analysis of Sandy Hook Shooting
- CBS: UTRA Fest (2013): Dangers of Ecstsy and Mollies
- Telemundo: Buenos Dias Miami: Peligros con el consum de Ecstasy en el concierto de ULTA Fest (2013)
Univision Radio: Zona Politica con Helen Aguirre Ferre:
- Porque la Marihuana no debe ser legalizada
- ADD/ADHD (trastornos de la atencion) y medicamentos
- La mente de Ariel Castro, el que sequestro a tres mujeres en Ohio por 10 años
- MegaTV: Ahora con Oscar Haza: Santa Monica Shooting: John Zawahri
- WSVN 7: Parent to Parent: Dangers in the Medicine Cabinet
- CBS: Coriciden Abuse
- CBS: Spice Inscense Abuse
- NBC: Spice Incense Abuse
- Radio WDNA FM
- Radio Paz AM
- Radio Caracol FM
- Univision TV
- Channel 23
- Informed Families: Parenting Workshops in Key Biscayne
- International Conference for Crime Prevention
- Red Ribbon Drug Prevention Campaign (guest speaker at middle and high schools in Miami-Dade County -- last 6 years)
- Self-Esteem Workshop for Our Lady of Lourdes Academy, Miami, FL
- Presentation to Middle and High School students of Westminster Christian.
- Educated parents of Middle and High Schools Students of Westminster Christian School, Palmetto Bay, Fl.
May 2013: Ms. Moreno will be returned to Paraguay to speak at more schools and to more parents. Part of this trip includes two presentations to professionals in the community on how to best intervene with a loved one that may have a substance abuse problem and What works in Treatment.
Ms. Moreno is a Certified Addictions Professional in the State of Florida. (CAP)
Ms. Moreno is also a Board Certified Clinical Supervisor. She is able to supervise recent graduates and State of Florida interns as they prepare for licensure to practice.
Link to CNN International Interview on the Cala Show:
Ms. Moreno contributed to a study titled Synthetic Cannabinoid Use: A Case Series of Adolescents. This article was published in the Journal of Adolescent Health in October of 2011. To read the article please click:
Ms. Moreno was interviewed by WSVN in a news story about the dangers in our own homes. There has been an increase in the abuse of prescription medications and over the counter medications by teens and young adults. To learn more please click:Here is a recent interview conducted by Yahoo! News related to teenagers and high school performance.
I am also fluent in Spanish.